Hope you all are doing great,
Indian festival of colours – Holi is here and as I don’t play with harmful colours so, I thought of being creative, playing with makeup colours and creating some art!
I always like experimenting with makeup and it is more of a fun activity for me, I love creating some unusual looks every now and then.
I just wanted to share how being colourful is really important in life, all the colours shouldn’t fade to grey. When it comes to me, I have a vibrant and positive mood all the time. Being a riot isn’t about being bad, it is all about your needs. And how far are you willing to go to fulfil your needs.
I was in a really experimental mood while creating this look, I just wanted to create a really colourful, messy yet fun look. At first, I wasn’t confident if I could pull this look off but eventually, I didn’t think much about it and just went with the flow. In the end, I absolutely loved how it turned out and I felt proud of myself. I think I should really experiment more with makeup.
I wonder how being, even trying to be a free-spirited girl is tough in real life. I recently watched ‘Four More Shots Please’ it is based on four girls, all totally different characters trying to hustle through the life with all that is thrown on their way and it shows about how a woman is judged by society and how we strive to be perfect in every sense of life but fail to embrace our imperfections. I absolutely enjoyed watching the series, I definitely recommend you to watch it!
Now let me share some Holi tips for you guys,
- Taking care of skin is very important, always try to cover your body with full clothes, also don’t forget to apply coconut oil or Vaseline all over your body skin and lastly, not to forget taking care of ears, eyes, nose, you can dab some Vaseline all over.
- Hair is your crown and you definitely don’t want to ruin it as the harmful colours can damage your texture and can create hair fall damage, split ends, rough hair. So, to avoid all of it, you should oil your hair and keep it tied while playing with colours.
- While playing with colours out in the sun, you don’t want to get yourself tanned so, sunscreen is an absolute must to use, min. of SPF 30+ should be used all over the bare skin, if possible use water and sweat resistant and reapply every 2-3 hrs. Do use lip balm as well with sun protection.
- Hydration is important so, don’t forget to drink plenty of water while playing as well.
- Also, play in the early morning/evening and avoid the noontime as the sun would be harsh.
- Lastly, I would say play with eco-friendly colours instead of the harmful chemical ones and enjoy the festival but try not to waste water, avoid harming the stray animals and you can allow one specific area for playing instead of creating mess everywhere so, this way it would be easy to clean and fewer resources would be used.
I hope you enjoy the festival and be safe!
Sunscreen – Neutrogena SPF 50+
Foundation – Maybelline Fit me
Concealer – Paese
Baking powder – Makeup revolution
Eyebrows – MAC eyebrow
Contour – MAC palette
Blush-MAC – dollymix
Highlight – The Balm – Mary-Lou-Manizer
Lipstick – Nykaa + Starstruck
If you have any questions or doubts, You can let me know!
Also, don’t forget to follow me On my social media channels,
Instagram – Ritzyglitzyblog
Twitter – Ritzyglitzyblog
Take care until next post!
By Riddhi Jhala